I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Friday, May 06, 2005

What now, brown cow?

Well, this story has been out and about on British MSM outlets and the blogosphere for over a day now. (For those too lazy to click, it's the story on the smoking gun memo out of England proving that Bush and Blair were collaborating on how to justify an invasion of Iraq nearly a year before the war.) This once again gets me to thinking about the horrible liberal bias in the American press which the right wing is always so upset about. Let's take a look at the front page of CNN and see what they did think was worth reporting instead of that story.

Runaway bride apologizes. Second link from the top. Thank God. I was afraid I'd missed part of the story.

More blow by blow coverage (oooo... sorry about that) of the Michael Jackson trial. And really, who can argue with CNN there. I can see how any Michael Jackson news trumps coverage of the proof that Bush lied his way into invading Iraq.

Oh... this is a big story. Probably pushed the smoking memo link right off the top page. Somebody spray painted over the salt stain image of the Virgin Mary. Iraq? Did you say there's something going on in Iraq?

Come on... it's not like they don't have a link to any news from England. Look here... they're coving the reopening of the Princess Diana memorial. I suppose that sort of scoop probably distracted them from the memo story.

Let's try the front page of that liberal rag, The New York Times. Nope.. nothing.

How about the Washington Post? No, but they're all over that American Idol scandal.

If I here one more right wingnut tell me about the freaking liberal media, I'm going to scream. And that's not just an empty threat. Block your ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice