I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Instant Lame Duck?

Our friend Bill in DC thinks I'm over optimistic that a majority will see Bush's Social Security scam for what it is, see comments below. I think that Bush may have overestimated his messianic abilities to disable the frontal lobe of a majority last night in the SOTUS. I don't see the Social Seecurity plan he announced as even making it to the floor of the House or Senate for a vote. As he was bathing in the glory of the Iraqi elections the blood bath resumed. His pandering to the Radical Christians will alienate those who have no desire to return to the 16th century. His pontification on medical research and the "right to life" made no sense what so ever. History will show that the SOTUS made Bush a lame duck president less than 2 weeks after his nomination. So much for political capitol. Maybe wishful thinking, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice