I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

And now for the good side

I am not a Christian but I have studied more of the Bible than most who call themselves Christians. Although I don't see him as the son of God, anymore than each one of us is the son or daughter of God, I have a great deal of respect for the philosophy and teachings of Jesus Christ.
I am often very critical of the Radical Fundementalist Christians both here and over at Running Scared but I really do realize there are progressive Christians with their feet planted firmly in the 21st Century. As others who don't share the vision of George W. Bush and the evangelical social conservatives currently in power, the progressive Christians have a difficult time being heard. One denomination that seems to accept the 21st century is the United Church of Christ. I recently ran across this blog from Chuck Currie, a United Church of Christ Seminarian. He discusses world affairs and politics from the perspective of the actual teachings of Jesus. A few posts you might want to look at.
He also has a blogroll of other progressive Christian blogs I intend to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice