I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Not "Feelin' Alright", just feelin old

Thanks to Bill in DC for pointing this out to me. He remembered John Barleycorn playing loudly in our humble apartment in Munich in the early 70's.

Jim Capaldi, Mainstay of the Rock Band Traffic, Dies at 60 Ok, I am old and an aging hippy at that. Traffic was one of the best bands around in the late 60's and early 70's but like many was over shadowed by the Beatles and the Stones. The wonderful music and lyrics of Capaldi and Winwood, Steve Winwood's voice and the haunting flute of Chris Wood made for a wonderful musical experience straight or stoned. I had all of their albums and now have most of them in the form of digitally remastered CD's. Thank you Jim Calpaldi and rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice