I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Monday, November 01, 2004

Ron goes out on a limb

I'm predicting a Kerry win and it will not be close enough for Rove to steal. The polls are bogus. We have discussed the cell phone factor and the fact that most of the polls have been overweighted towards the Republicans. I see Kerry receiving around 300 electoral votes and a 4% win in the popular vote.

I see John Kerry as a one term president. George W. Bush has f*cked things up so bad in 4 years that there is no way Kerry can fix it in four. I pray that the Eisenhower Republicans can take their party back from the Theocons so we have a reasonable option in 2008. Matt Yglesias has an interesting analysis of what will happen after a Bush defeat. The Republican party has been run from the Whitehouse and Bill Frist is not up to a real leadership job. Tom Da Hammer Delay has all kinds of problems. For a period the Republicans may be a headless horseman. There is an old Chinese Curse, may you live in interesting times; it's going to get interesting.

Update

Steve Soto has more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice