I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

New Focus

First, I'd like to apologize for the lack of meaty posts here on MEJ this week. What with the holiday and other things, (my best friend was just diagnosed with MS. I'm not looking for sympathy, but we have been busy with their family) I've been a bit swamped. However, I have also realized that I will probably not be abandoning my blog to nothing but trading recipies and pet pictures with Ron. Iraq is still raging, against all rationality, and it is a danger to everyone. That, and some local 2006 elections, are already building as issues of the day, and I think that we still have a lot of things that are worth working for to improve this country and expand the arena of public discourse. (Not that I won't toss in the occasional recipe.)

Tonight I put in a post on Running Scared about one of Ron's old posts that I think merits attention. The Kurds are going to turn into a huge factor in the Iraq mess, assuming we don't get smart and leave. And they will do so quickly. Stay on top of this people, and let your representatives know where you stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice