I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I don't want tofu, Where's the Beef?

Jazz of Running Scared has a guest column at Political Brew, Where's the Beef, CNN?. He discusses both the sorry state of the media and the rather sorry choices we have this presidential election season.
.....The conversation has devolved below the level of mudslinging and into a surreal realm of childish sniping on non issues. I can tell you nearly nothing about how either candidate plans to deal with the deficit, but I am a fully accredited authority on whether or not John Kerry deserved each of his Purple Hearts and the circumstances surrounding George W. Bush's military medical exam schedule more than 30 years ago. I may not be able to tell you if there is any plan by either candidate to actually get us out of Iraq and how they plan to finally catch Osama bin Laden, but rest assured that I could lecture you extensively on Kerry's ability to vote three ways on one question and Bush's DUI arrests in the 70's.
And on the candidates:
I, for one, am rather unhappy with both the candidates I have as choices. I might be a bit more comfortable if I was able to vote *for* one of them rather than voting against one. I am unable to do this unless they agree to supply us with their stances on the issues, both foreign and domestic. Senator Kerry, you need to stop telling me that George Bush is "wrong" on everything, and tell me what you are going to do that is right. Mr. President, don't keep telling me that the economy is "strong and growing stronger" when the nation's economists are scratching their heads over your words. Show me how you will get the deficit under control and boost job creation if we give you four more years in office. Don't tell me the sink is broken unless you are prepared to demonstrate that you have the right tools and replacement parts to get it working again, and don't tell me the sink is working fine when my kitchen is filling up with water.
This is the best analysis I have read on this presidential campaign and the total lack of answers from either candidate. Please go read the entire column.

Mr. Kerry you will get my vote but I will be holding my nose because you have not demonstrated "that you have the right tools and replacement parts to get it working again'. As for you Mr. Bush, I didn't expect anything from you anyway.


1 comment:

Be Nice