I put Middle Earth Journal in hiatus in May of 2008 and moved to Newshoggers.
I temporarily reopened Middle Earth Journal when Newshoggers shut it's doors but I was invited to Participate at The Moderate Voice so Middle Earth Journal is once again in hiatus.

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

24 Years Ago

It was 24 years ago that Fuji-like Mt. St. Helens blew her top. Not even mentioned on the local news here in P-Town tonight. I remember the the ash, I remember the views, the July 22 eruption is memorable because it occured on a beautiful cloudless day.
Mostly I remember my friend Bob Kaseweter who had a cabin at Spirit Lake. He went up to the lake on that day to get his stuff out of the cabin. That was the end of the life of a person who was full of life and loved to live it on the edge. He died on the edge and I am sure that he was thrilled the last few seconds of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Nice